BINDERY ASSISTANT (GRADE 4)
IN THE CAMPUS LIBRARIES
Applications are invited for the post of Bindery Assistant (Grade 4) in the Campus Libraries.
Duties of the post include:
- Performing duties related to the sewing of books by hand and machine.
- Assisting with the binding of library material.
- Assisting with the light mending and repairing of damaged material.
- Assisting with the cleaning and treatment of library material for preservation.
- Cleaning of binding equipment.
- Performing other ancillary tasks as necessary including making pamphlet boxes and covers,
wire stapling, stitching etc.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Applicants should have knowledge of bindery equipment and operations. Applicants should have knowledge of safe operating procedures and must possess specialized skills that are normally learned through combinations
of directly relevant vocational training and on-the-job experience.
Applicants should normally possess five (5) G.C.E ‘O’ Levels or CXC (General I, II or III from 1998) passes including
Applicants should possess a Craft Certificate in Bookbinding or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution. An
appropriate combination of other certified training and experience may be considered.
One (1) to three (3) years relevant work experience.
Using Information Technology
Work Ethics and Values
Attention to Detail
Concern for Safety
Salary will be fixed in accordance with Grade 4 of the salary scale.
Please follow the instructions for completing the online application very carefully. The application must be completed in its entirety, since all of the information will be used in the screening process. Failure to complete the online
application form as required will prevent your application from being processed.
You are required to upload resumes, curriculum vitae and other supporting documentation including birth certificates, awarded degree certificates should be electronically attached to the application.
Source Caribbean Jobs